Diabetes is a chronic disease characterized by a high glucose (sugar) level in the blood. It is a long-term disease that, if not well managed, may lead to serious complications such as kidney failure, nerve defect, heart disease, eye problems etc. In Singapore, one out of eleven people aged 18 to 69 have diabetes. In Malaysia, 14.9% of people who are above 30 years of age suffer from diabetes.
INSULIN AND BLOOD GLUCOSE LEVEL
Glucose comes from the food we eat. The body needs glucose as a source of energy. The level of glucose is controlled by a hormone produced in the pancreas called insulin. People with diabetes either produce insufficient insulin, or the body cells cannot utilize insulin efficiently (insulin resistance). As a result, high levels of glucose build up in the blood.
The symptoms of diabetes include :
- Excessive thirst.
- Frequent urination, especially at night.
- Unexplained weight loss.
- Blurred vision.
- Skin infections and itchiness.
- Slow healing of wounds.
- Numbness or burning sensations in the limbs.
MANAGEMENT OF DIABETICS
1. Healthy diet
- Consumption of high ber, complex carbohydrate rather than refined carbohydrate. For example, choose brown rice, whole grain bread, cereal biscuits rather than white rice, white bread and creamy sweetened biscuits.
- Limit alcohol intake. Alcohol can interfere with blood glucose control.
- Avoid high sugar content food and drinks such as soft drink, cake, jelly, jam, ice cream, chocolates, doughnuts and sweeteners.
2. Regular Exercise
- Exercise helps you to control your weight and keep your heart healthy. If you are a diabetic, consult your doctor before starting an exercise program.
3. Eye care
- Have regular eye check-ups, at least once a year.
4. Foot care
- Wash your feet every day with water and mild soap.
- Dry your feet using a soft towel, especially between then toes.
- Apply moisturizer on your feet to prevent dryness and cracking of the skin.
- Examine your feet daily for scratches, cuts and blisters. ( Seek someone else’s help on this if your eyesight is poor ).
FOREVER ALOE VERA GEL
- Rich in non-soluble ber (helps improve bowel movement) and soluble ber (helps regulate blood glucose level).
- Anthraquinone complex have anti-in ammatory, antibacterial and antiviral properties, thus help to improve wound healing.
- Acemannans help to improve immune system by stimulating the production of macrophage cells (white blood cells that can gobble up microbes).
- A protein supplement that comes packed with added vitamins and minerals; helps in repairing of tissues.
- Low Glycemic Index (GI) ratio of 24; maintains blood glucose at stable level.
- Contains Chromium, an essential nutrient which helps to increase insulin ef ciency in controlling blood sugar level.
FOREVER BEE PROPOLIS
- A 100% natural bee product with no arti cial coloring or preservatives.
- Acts as a natural antibiotic, helps to stimulate the body to ght against microbes, thus helps in reducing infection and improving the recovery of wounds.
- Rich in Bio avonoids, powerful antioxidants which can help to maintain the body’s immune system and strengthen blood vessels for cardiovascular health.
FOREVER NATURE MIN
- Provides 11 essential minerals in a balanced ratio for maximum absorption. It contains essential major minerals such as Calcium, Phosphorus Magnesium, and trace minerals (Iron, Zinc, Iodine, Selenium, Copper, Manganese, Vanadium and Molybdenum).
- Vanadium is bene cial in improving blood glucose level.
Want to try the above products for 15%-35% discounts ?
Click HERE to sign up as member and start saving now !!